The CRM Specialist is a pivotal contributor within the Technology Department, playing a central role in optimizing the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system for enhanced data management and operational efficiency. Working closely with cross-functional teams, this role serves as a linchpin in achieving the strategic goals of PAMM, particularly in securing its future and cultivating a robust culture of technology integration.
Reporting directly to the Director of IT, the CRM Specialist is responsible for leading initiatives that improve data accuracy, streamline cross-departmental communication, and implement strategic integrations. With a specific focus on MailChimp for advanced email communication and technological synchronization, this position requires a blend of technical proficiency, strategic thinking, and a commitment to upholding the highest standards of data security and system privacy.
As the custodian of our CRM system, the CRM Specialist collaborates closely with the Data Analyst and Guest Operations staff to develop data connectors, integrating the Museum's disparate data systems with the selected CRM platform(s). The collaborative nature of this role involves ensuring the seamless integration of CRM strategies across various technological functions, aligning with the organization's broader IT objectives.
Required Degree: Bachelor's degree in IT, Computer Science, or related field.
- 3 or more years of experience, specific experience with data and relational databases, data hygiene, reporting metrics, and CRM systems.
- Expert proficiency in Excel, Blackbaud, experience with Altru preferred.
- Experience in implementing and optimizing CRM integrations with external platforms, with a focus on email marketing tools such as MailChimp.
- Excellent writing, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Ability to manipulate data from CRM systems and troubleshoot problems.
- Understanding of list segmentation, relational data, and dynamic variables.
- Strong customer service and technical skills.
- Ensure compliance with data protection regulations and implement security measures to safeguard donor and organizational data.
- Certification in relevant CRM platforms such as Salesforce or Blackbaud.
- Prior experience with Altru, demonstrating a deep understanding of its functionalities.
- Proven success in implementing and managing CRM integrations with MailChimp or similar email marketing platforms.
- Familiarity with additional CRM systems beyond the core requirements.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Azure, PowerShell, Power BI, and Power Automate.
- Additional certifications in data management, cybersecurity, or related fields.
- Be an enthusiastic, helpful and positive member of the team.
- Be professional, responsible and mature in conduct and behavior.
- Be understanding of, encouraging to and friendly with all co-workers.
- Be self-motivated and use time wisely.
- Maintain open line of communications with each department on pertinent information.
- Maintain effective communication by means of meetings and memorandums.
- Adhere to all work rules, procedures and policies established by the company including, but not limited to those contained in the employee handbook.
- Walk, bend, lift (up to 15 pounds) files, office supplies and electronic equipment.
- Finger dexterity to pick up paper and use computer keyboard.
- Close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
- Ability to hear in normal tones including telephone and face-to-face conversation.