DIRECTOR DIGITAL CRM
The Director, Digital CRM is responsible for the development, implementation, and ongoing optimization and growth of digital efforts, including email, SMS, and app notification programs and communications, with the objective of improving customer engagement, sales, and customer lifetime value. This role leads the strategy, planning, execution, and hindsight for digital CRM channels, ensuring the plan achieves business objectives & targets. This position will provide subject matter expertise and leadership to ensure programs are continuously delivering increased sales, customer engagement, and customer lifetime value. This position is the key leader in fueling the ultimate success of the digital CRM programs. The right candidate will be customer-obsessed, innovative, driven, and results-oriented, with a proven ability to manage high-performing teams and internal & external partners.
Reports to: VP, Loyalty & CRM
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Lead DSW's digital CRM programs from customer capture through ongoing engagement and retention, including analyzing key metrics and financials, understanding customer behaviors and sentiment, developing integrated strategies supported by detailed plans and programs, and leading and developing internal and external resources and capabilities
• Drive deepened relationships with customers and continuously optimize channels via creation of
relevant, engaging, differentiated digital CRM programs and communications across email, SMS, and
app notifications that incessantly increase sales, improve file size and health, and increase customer
engagement and lifetime value
• Develop and manage a strategic roadmap to improve channel performance based on insights and
innovation derived from customer data and behavior, ongoing test and learn efforts, industry best
practices and evolution, and the competitive landscape to improve the customer experience, generate
new sales drivers, and drive innovation
• Lead the strategic planning and optimization of digital CRM channels to achieve business objectives
and targets, both in terms of short-term traffic and demand contribution as well as longer-term growth
drivers such as file growth, file health/engagement and CLV
• Oversee the projections, analysis, and reporting of digital CRM programs to deliver financial targets
and profitable growth, ensuring forecasts are integrated with Finance and Digital views
• Ensure execution excellence by developing internal and external teams, evolving the supporting
infrastructure, creating thorough, scalable processes and automation, and measuring results and
• Develop, monitor, and report out on performance metrics, including day-to-day hindsight analysis,
diagnosis of performance drivers, and key findings & insights summaries to leadership
• Lead monthly business reviews with internal and external stakeholders to ensure operational excellence, program effectiveness, and business growth
• Create and optimize the annual digital CRM budget, including consistent, accurate, on-time, and on-
• Manage external vendors to high expectations, including technical advancements, strategic
recommendations, flawless execution, and day-to-day account management and support to achieve
our strategic priorities and business goals
• Stay up-to-date on industry trends, technology advancements, patterning and best practices, and
provides recommendations for application into DSW programs
• Manage, build, and grow a high-performing team to be customer-focused, innovative, fast-moving, and
results-oriented with the ultimate goal of creating best-in-class, integrated digital CRM strategies,
experiences, programs, and communications that deliver on daily business needs and strategic,
• Partner with CRM team to develop and implement digital CRM programs and communications,
including contact and offer strategies, personalization efforts, lifecycle marketing, behavior-based
triggers, and segmentation enhancements
• Lead collaboration and ensure alignment across Marketing and cross-functional partners
• Proven strategic thinker with a broad view of the business, industry, and consumer environment to optimize for today and anticipate the future
• Project management skills from concept to timely delivery across a large variety of projects ranging
from large-scale evolution efforts to day-to-day program management
• Exceptional communication and presentation skills with executive presence and ability to clearly
articulate the vision and strategy and rationale behind, engaging leadership and instilling confidence
with business partners
• Strong ability to collaborate within and across disciplines to achieve goals effectively
• Proven strategic and critical thinking skills with strong business acumen that can inspire, generate, and
execute innovative ideas to maximize business performance
• Seasoned management skills reflecting proven organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
• Action-oriented with proven ability to think and act strategically and tactically to make informed
decisions and execute
• Demonstrated leadership of a large multi-disciplinary team with a track record of continued innovation,
strong business results, and operational excellence
• Proven proficiency in managing customer-driven experiences, strategies, and programs from concept
through implementation and optimizing thereafter
• Demonstrated customer-first approach with ability to leverage customer data, behaviors, and insights
to make decisions and guide strategy
• Innovative thinker with ability to synthesize data and blend with intuition and experience
• Ability to thrive in a highly quantitative, fast-paced environment with changing business needs
• High degree of initiative, personal responsibility, and ownership
• Superior process management skills with proven ability to identify and proactively solve problems
• Understanding of key metrics, financial analysis, ROI, etc.
STRATEGIC LEADERSHIP - Deliberately communicates overall business strategy and connects it to the work of the functional team. Anticipates future trends and implications accurately. Leverages market knowledge to anticipate, capitalize on and drive change. Articulate credible pictures and visions of possibilities that will create sustainable value. Creates competitive and breakthrough strategies that show a clear connection between vision and action. Is willing to champion an idea or position despite dissent or political risk. Tackles tough issues, sharing sensitive messages or unpopular points of view effectively. Influences inside and outside of functional area for positive impact on business performance. Owns the development of successors and individuals who have potential for further development. LEADING & MOTIVATING - Serves as a champion and driver of DSW Values and culture. Attracts and selects the best talent to meet current and future business needs. Motivates and inspires others through rewards, authentic connections and meaningful recognition. Fosters diversity and an inclusive workplace where individual differences are valued and leveraged. Seeks new ways to evolve and challenge self. Develops team through delegation, challenges outside of the comfort zone and effective coaching and feedback. Shares ideas in a compelling manor that gains commitment. Champions change for positive impact on business results. MANAGING FOR RESULTS - Establishes models and enforces accountability. Gets the most out of available resources and secures rare resources others cannot get. Anticipates and balances the needs of multiple stakeholders. Persists in accomplishing objectives. Pushes the team to elevate goals as results are achieved. Transforms functional area to achieve maximum results. Seizes opportunities and connects business insights to increase profit and revenue.
• 10+ years of experience managing customer-centric, data-driven marketing programs, with 8+ years of experience in email strategy, execution, and optimization
• Solid understanding and experience in marketing and business planning
• 5+ years of experience leading and managing a team in a fast-paced retail environment
• Experience developing and managing email, SMS, and app notification programs
• Experience working with an external ESP partner
• Retail experience strongly preferred
• Undergraduate degree in Marketing; Master's degree a plus
ALREADY AN ASSOCIATE?
You must apply through our internal portal:
Why Choose A Career with Designer Brands?
Empowering associates and building strong teams poised to disrupt the retail and footwear landscape through positive change is at the core of who we are at Designer Brands.
- Invested in helping our associates learn, develop, achieve and grow into strong leaders
- Shared commitment to creating a culture fueled by engagement, excitement, optimism and fun
- Dedicated to giving back and community involvement
About Designer Brands:
Designer Brands Inc. is one of North America's largest designers, producers and retailers of footwear and accessories.
- Designer Brands Inc. operates a portfolio of retail concepts in nearly 1,000 locations under the DSW Designer Shoe Warehouse, The Shoe Company, and Shoe Warehouse brands and operates leased locations in the U.S through its Affiliated Business Group.
- Designer Brands designs and produces footwear and accessories through Camuto Group, a leading manufacturer selling in more than 5,400 doors worldwide.
We learned of a fake job offer scam where individuals are using a company's name and branding to create emails and websites designed to trick individuals into providing personal information because they think they are applying for a job directly with the company. To combat this, companies are listing their legitimate hiring sites and communication methods. Our valid email addresses end in [Click Here to Email Your Resumé], [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] and [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Two examples of non-legitimate email addresses are ones that end in [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]fo or @designerbrands.work (do not respond to interview requests or other messages from these). If you are not certain about a communication or an information request, a good practice is to independently look-up a contact for the company (do not use the contact method listed in the request) to verify that you are contacting the right person and not being deceived. If you want to verify a Designer Brands' related hiring request, please send a message to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Please know we are working to do what we can to stop these scams.