FULL-TIME JOB VACANCY
SENIOR CRM PRODUCT MANAGER
Development and Outreach Department
Multiple Locations Considered
Application Deadline: November 12, 2023
The Fundraising Systems & Data Analysis team of the Development and Outreach Department of Human Rights Watch (HRW) is seeking applicants for the position of Senior CRM Product Manager. The Senior CRM Product Manager will create the future-facing system roadmap for fundraising technology (including Salesforce as HRW's donor CRM of record), supporting the Development team's vision, strategy, and will engage regularly with system users to identify opportunities to better leverage technology to achieve their goals and enable stronger data-informed decision making.
The Senior CRM Product Manager will be a fundraising systems expert with donor CRMs and related fundraising software. They will be strategic thinker who can synthesize user needs, technical requirements, and fundraising trends, and will serve as the systems expert representing Development's needs for Salesforce. The Senior CRM Product Manager will partner with the Training & Support team, which provides staff training, user support, and documentation; equips staff with required queries, dashboards, and reports to support their activities; and implements and maintains coding and data tracking procedures.
This full-time position will ideally be based in either the United States or Europe, preferably in one of the cities where HRW has an office and will report to the Managing Director of Fundraising Systems and Data Analysis.
The successful candidate may have the option to work remotely but is expected to work from the office 1-2 times a week. We aim to be as flexible and supportive as possible in both the recruitment for and onboarding of this position.
1. Serve as the product owner for the Salesforce donor CRM, including providing primary oversight of Salesforce's data and functionality, advising teams of new capabilities as they are developed by HRW's technology teams, serving as the product evangelist for teams that are not yet using the tools, and advising HRW's senior leadership on opportunities and challenges arising from Salesforce's ongoing development of the software;
2. In partnership with Information Technology (IT) CRM team, develop an annual Salesforce roadmap that lays out future phases of HRW's Salesforce feature development, configuration, and clean-up, and prioritizes what is built to ensure the highest value is delivered for Development users while accounting for competing priorities;
3. Serve as Development-side lead (in partnership with IT CRM team) for a cross- functional, integrated Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) that regularly prioritizes bugs and enhancements; plans and executes requirements gathering, sprint development, testing and rollout of new features; and ensures effective coordination and change management with Training & Support, Analytics, IT, and fundraising teams, while ensuring documentation is updated in a timely manner;
4. Monitor progress and results of changes to CRM features in terms of effectiveness and user adoption, identifying and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and
5. Respond to external changes for new or existing functionality alterations as made by the platform vendors, attending any conferences and demo sessions as needed.
1. Work with the IT CRM team and other colleagues on the Fundraising Systems & Data team to document and implement Salesforce policies and procedures;
2. In partnership with IT, manage security model that defines user profile access and permissions for Salesforce that best accommodate real-life workflows and user personas within Development; and
3. Set and enforce guidelines for the procurement of ad hoc third-party fundraising tools, particularly outside of the U.S., balancing HRW's unique local fundraising needs with a centralized and efficient flow of data between supported tools.
Data Integration, Quality, and Reporting
1. Work with the IT CRM team, other colleagues on the Fundraising Systems & Data team, stakeholders, and vendors/partners to plan, implement, and improve information flows between Salesforce, Engaging Networks, Marketing Cloud, and other third-party platforms;
2. Partner with the Product Manager, Digital Products to ensure tight, efficient integrations between Salesforce, Marketing Cloud, and Engaging Networks, and to ensure technology roadmaps for both tools are developed to leverage the best features of all three platforms in concert with one another;
3. In partnership with Training & Support, Revenue Operations, and Fundraising Analytics team members, develop, revise, and reinforce information management practices for end users that minimize human error and support streamlining, efficiency, and automation of data flows;
4. Work with fundraising teams to identify and set up standard Salesforce reports and dashboards for staff to run independently and support other ad hoc reporting requirements as needed.
1. Carry out other duties as required.
Education: A bachelor's degree in business, technology or a related field, or an equivalent combination of work experience and qualifications, is required.
Experience: Aminimum of five (5) years of relevant experience working with donor CRMs and eCRM technologies in a nonprofit setting is required; Salesforce strongly preferred. Experience in Development Operations or a related technical experience is preferred. Knowledge and experience in nonprofit fundraising and marketing, preferably in a global INGO context with country-specific fundraising operations, is highly desirable.
Related Skills and Knowledge:
1. Demonstrated knowledge in fundraising practices, terminology, technologies, channels, and compliance, and the ability to translate easily between fundraising end users and technology providers is required.
2. Record of generating buy-in from, and exceeding expectations of, internal and external stakeholders is required.
3. Strong understanding of the Salesforce platform, with the ability to build custom apps and objects, formula fields, processes, custom views, and other content of intermediate complexity is preferred.
4. Strong understanding of Salesforce best practices and functionality is preferred. Previous Salesforce Administrator experience strongly preferred. Salesforce Admin certification is a plus.
5. Critical thinking and analytical skills grounded in root-cause analysis, differentiating and aligning business needs from technical requirements, and the ability to develop technology solutions jointly with IT leads is required.
6. Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical staff is required.
7. Ability to work collaboratively and build trust with diverse stakeholders from around the globe, including staff for whom English is not their first language, is required.
8. Strong understanding of nonprofit fundraising processes, strategies, and best practices is required.
9. Detail-oriented with excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills is required.
10. Strong organizational, time management, and project management skills, including experience using both Agile and Waterfall methodologies is required.
11. The ability to manage multiple priorities with minimal supervision and work in a fast-paced environment is required.
12. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel is required. Experience of some programming languages like SQL, Python, or R would be beneficial.
13. Excellent oral and written communication skills in English is required. Proficiency in other languages is a plus.
Salary and Benefits: HRW seeks exceptional applicants and offers competitive compensation and employer-paid benefits. HRW offers a relocation assistance package and will assist employees in obtaining necessary work authorization, if required; citizens of all nationalities are encouraged to apply. If this position were to be based in the United States, the salary range would be USD 88,000-96,000. Salary ranges outside of the United States vary based on location.
How to Apply: Please apply immediately or by November 12, 2023 by visiting our online job portal at careers.hrw.org and attaching a letter of interest and a CV or resume. No calls or email inquiries, please. Only complete applications will be reviewed and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application submission or if you require accommodations during the application process, please email [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] . Due to the large response, application submissions via email will not be accepted and inquiries regarding the status of applications will go unanswered.
Human Rights Watch is strong because it is diverse. We actively seek a diverse applicant pool and encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. Human Rights Watch does not discriminate on the basis of disability, age, gender identity and expression, national origin, race and ethnicity, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, or criminal record. We welcome all kinds of diversity. Our employees include people who are parents and nonparents, the self-taught and university educated, and from a wide span of socio-economic backgrounds and perspectives on the world. Human Rights Watch is an equal opportunity employer.
Human Rights Watch is an international human rights monitoring and advocacy organization known for its in-depth investigations, its incisive and timely reporting, its innovative and high-profile advocacy campaigns, and its success in changing the human rights-related policies and practices of influential governments and international institutions.