The ESPN Media team combines the power of brand building and performance marketing through integrated planning, audience understanding and measurement to drive results.
ESPN needs a talented and experienced marketing professional with proven strategic experience to lead the data and technical strategy, and activation to support marketing, for our in-house CRM team with a mission for fan centric lifecycle marketing. This position implements and leads industry data-driven CRM strategies and tactics across channels. This position reports into the Director, CRM.
- Partners cross-functionally to deliver best in class experiences to our fans by leveraging data and technology
- Oversee ESPN Bet CRM strategy, as a standalone brand
- Leads ESPN+ Transactional email strategy and implementation
- Collaborates with our ESP to implement and deliver highly personalized fan experiences
- Develops audience strategy and activation leveraging 0 and 1st party data
- Leads segmentation strategies across multiple platforms (Adobe Campaign, Braze) and develop strategic plans to expand data and technology capabilities to improve our targeting and ultimately, our fan experiences
- Implements and endorses operational efficiencies to reduce execution risk, streamline processes, and improve output
- Guides team who will be responsible for QA'ing Email campaigns and trafficking in-app messages
- Move ESPN forward by continuously evolving and advancing our CRM/segmentation capabilities (with data, technology, science, etc.)
- Identifies needs in data, science, segmentation tools, resources, etc. that enable better understanding of audiences, to power deeper segmentation and activation strategies
- Defines what data-science solution is best suited to meet the business need (i.e. business rules, scoring, inferred modeling, predictive modeling, personalization, etc.)
- Works with analytical partners to manage testing plans that optimize audience selection, creative/messaging, frequency, sequencing, etc., and proven ability to lead measurement process to determine results
- Minimum of 7 years audience and/or data strategy, experience with marketing-activation technology, ideally worked with CRM and customer data marketing systems (e.g., DMP, CDPs, email/app activation platforms, etc.)
- Experience managing employees and leading teams
- Proven ability to:
- Act as subject matter expert on state of the data, audiences, technology
- Learn new data and technology systems and maximize the value they can deliver
Manage complex relationships and negotiating with senior leadership to create alignment and influence leadership as needed
Manage documentation and strategic framing of complex audience strategies in user-friendly ways so they are easily and clearly understood by partners
- Proven success influencing leaders from other teams and organizations with audience prioritization.
- Leadership track record of working with key partners to ensure CRM needs are on their roadmap, and provide requirements and support as needed.
- Proven ability to clearly and frequently communicate with leadership and partners, by providing notes and documentation to ensure alignment and clarity.
- Experience with CRM technology and software capabilities
- Experience in data querying/mining, data science, data analyst
- Exposure to executives telling complex data and technology updates, in clear and compelling ways
- Strong knowledge or experience in the sports betting industry
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in marketing or a related field
- Master's degree or equivalent in marketing or related field
The hiring range for this position in New York, NY is $97,200.00-$130,300.00 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate's geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.