This is a hybrid position with an on-site requirement 2x per week in Wilmington, MA.
UniFirst Corporation is seeking to add a full time Technical Lead in our growing IT Department. The Technology Lead provides Technology Delivery leadership across the organization, in alignment with the Project Lifecycle (PLC). The role is also accountable for end-to-end technology product roadmap delivery and leadership across all impacted technology areas, including design, development, testing & deployment and where possible, leveraging testing automation and continuous integration/deployment. This role will lead delivery and operational support of UniFirst's CRM, Microsoft Dynamics.
- Provide technology delivery leadership on initiatives, working in partnership with business owner and overall Project/Program Delivery Lead
- Builds and manages (formally or informally) a technology team responsible for business solution analysis, solution design, build, technical analysis, quality assurance, and release management, across the program/project
- Engages appropriate technology stakeholders to identify and drive required outcomes through effective stakeholder management
- Provide oversight of work and costs on projects utilizing consulting companies and solution integrators
- Responsible for managing technology third-party vendors and Statements of Work with a focus on performance, quality and cost management as it relates to assigned project/workstream
- Provide reporting on projects
- Hold vendors accountable for on-time deliverables
- Ensure the team provides realistic estimates and holds team responsible for deliverables and timelines
- Coach and mentor the development team throughout the SDLC (Software Development Lifecycle)
- Help target appropriate training for team by identifying technologies/areas in need
- Provides guidance to others on how to make optimal use of tools to improve the performance and quality of technology delivery
- Accountable for detailed resource plans. Overall oversight owned by Delivery Lead
- Ensures all technology teams and functions are providing estimates and updates to project schedule, outlining risks and issues, and driving remediation of tech risks, resolution of tech issues for assigned project/workstream
- Oversees the execution of the technology strategy while anticipating and prioritizing the impediments and technology risks
- Identifies, analyzes, and drives resolution of project risks and issues, working through the project structure, and reporting relationships in the Technology organization. Ensures issues are captured in post implementation reviews, to avoid recurrence
- Establishes a plan for all technology deployment(s) and works with IT staff across projects to align with the integrated plan
- Responsible for the consideration of future production support implications with a cost-effective design and quality solution, inclusive of application resiliency and availability
- Works with business leaders associated with assigned project or workstream as needed to confirm the solutions are functionality aligned with the product vision and that solution is fit-for-purpose
- Accountable to the delivery lead to provide input and advice on all tech aspects of the assigned project/workstream
- Accountable for providing technology estimates
- Technology leader and decision maker on assigned initiatives
- Responsible for hands-on involvement in development duties
- Responsible for all aspects of supported systems including requirements, designs, data flows, integrations, project proposals, security, and stability
- Responsible for proactive monitoring of systems
- Responsible for the design of systems and functionality and/or the delegation and oversight of designs
- Responsible for code quality of ongoing work including code reviews, code analysis, performance monitoring, and oversight of testers/test processes
- Provide reporting on the status of applications, projects, and teams
- Responsible for the coordination of system changes across other groups within UniFirst including development, BRM (Business Relationship Manager), infrastructure, project management, and business users
- Deep understanding of source control, environment management, integrations, security best practices
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or related field
- 5+ years of configuration experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 CE (CRM)
- Proficiency in installing and deploying CRM Organizations
- Experience in Microsoft Dynamics CRM workflow design, custom configuration, integration, and report/dashboard development.
- Demonstrated proficiency in customizing and creating CRM entities, workflows, configurations, customization development, integration development, and understanding and implementing business workflows and processes.
- Demonstrated proficiency in understanding and implementing users and security roles
- 5+ years of experience with Microsoft .NET 3.5+ development using C# including experience with the CRM API, REST/ODATA, and SOAP
- Experience with Azure SQL Database as a Service
- Experience creating unit tests for new and existing code
- In-depth hands-on knowledge of Canvas and Model Driven applications and the Common Data Service (CDS)
- Hands-on experience architecting solutions that involve Dynamics customization to include server side code, custom business logic, integration modules, workflow assemblies and plug-ins
- 5+ years of progressively senior experience in technology design, development, and delivery
- Project delivery using formal methodologies
- Strong facilitation, communication and presentation skills with tech and business audiences
- Leadership of others, in formal and/or informal organization lines
- Experience in app development/integration
- Resource and project management experience highly preferred
- Experience leading custom development teams as well as platform teams
- Experience with reporting platforms (e.g. SSRS, Power BI, Crystal Reports, Tableau)
- Experience working with data warehouses
- Experience with integrations and integration tools
- Strong relationship building, influence skills and ability to productively interact with all levels of leadership
- Ability to create/modify/communicate tech roadmap, and design/advocate for solutions that align to existing roadmaps
- Sense of urgency, and ability to problem solve on the fly
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Benefits & Perks:
401K with Company Match, Profit Sharing, Health Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, Tuition Reimbursement, 30% Employee Discount, Employee Referral Bonuses.
UniFirst is an international leader in garment & Uniform services industry. We currently employ over 14,000 team partners who serve 300,000 business customer locations throughout the U.S., Canada, and Europe.
We were included in the top 10 of Selling Power magazine's "Best Companies to Sell For" list and recognized on Forbes magazine's "Platinum 400 - Best Big Companies" list. As an 80-year old company focused on annual growth, there's never been a better time to join our team.
UniFirst is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination laws
UniFirst is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the application process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or call to let us know the nature of your request.
UniFirst Recruiters and/or representatives will not ask job seekers to provide personal financial information when submitting a job application. Please be vigilant as such requests for information may be fraudulent.