Combining CRM and accounting software provides a solution that integrates customer relationship management (CRM) and accounting functionality into one system.
This type of software can benefit businesses in many ways, with the main benefits being:
- Streamlined Processes: A combined CRM and accounting software solution allows businesses to streamline operations by managing customer interactions and financial information in one platform. This can help reduce errors and save time.
- Improved Collaboration: Teams can collaborate more effectively when CRM and accounting functions are integrated. For example, sales teams can see real-time financial data and make informed decisions, while the accounting team can easily access sales data to generate accurate invoices.
- Better Financial Management: A combined CRM and accounting software can give businesses a comprehensive view of their finances, allowing them to make informed financial decisions. This can help businesses manage their cash flow, reduce costs, and improve profitability.
- Increased Customer Satisfaction: Combined CRM and accounting software can help businesses deliver better customer service by allowing them to track customer interactions and invoicing history. This enables businesses to respond to customer inquiries quickly and better understand their needs.
- Scalability: As businesses grow, their software needs change. A combined CRM and accounting software solution can provide the flexibility and scalability needed to support growth.
With so many great benefits, the only tough choice a business has to make is which software to choose. To help you out, here are a few of the top options:
- NetSuite: NetSuite is an all-in-one software that combines CRM and accounting functions with inventory management, order management, and e-commerce tools. It’s perfect for medium to large businesses, offering project management, sales forecasting, financial planning, and reporting features. Prices vary based on company size and needs, but their basic ERP software suite starts at $999 per month with basic functionality and one user license.
- Zoho Books: Zoho Books is a cloud-based accounting software designed for small businesses, offering features like contact management, sales tracking, invoicing, expense tracking, bank reconciliation, financial reporting tools, inventory management, and purchase order management. Prices start at just $9 per month for their Basic plan, making it an affordable option for smaller businesses.
- Sage Intacct: Sage Intacct is a cloud-based accounting software designed for mid-sized businesses, combining CRM functionality with lead and opportunity management, sales forecasting, and customer service tools. It offers accounts payable and receivable, cash management, and financial reporting. Prices start at $400 per month for one user, making it a bit pricier than some other options but worth it for its advanced features.
- Microsoft Dynamics 365: This software combines CRM and ERP functionality, including accounting, financial management, supply chain management, and project management. It’s designed for medium to large businesses and offers various pricing plans, including individual modules starting at $40 per month and bundled plans starting at $190 per month. It’s a great option for businesses that need comprehensive ERP functionality alongside their CRM.
- Odoo: Odoo is an open-source ERP software that includes CRM and accounting modules, as well as inventory management, purchase management, and HR management. It’s designed for small to medium-sized businesses, and prices start at just $12 per month for their Online Essentials plan, making it a very affordable option.
- SAP Business One: SAP Business One is an ERP software designed for small and medium-sized businesses with CRM and accounting functionality, as well as purchasing, inventory, and production management. It offers lead and opportunity management, financial planning and reporting, and cash flow management. SAP pricing can be complex, but their Business ByDesign option starts at $20 per month.
- Insightly: Insightly is a cloud-based CRM software that includes accounting and invoicing functionality, project management, and marketing automation tools. It’s designed for small to medium-sized businesses and offers a range of pricing plans, including a free one.
- Copper: Copper is a cloud-based CRM software that integrates with Google Workspace and includes accounting and invoicing features, pipeline management, and reporting tools. It’s designed for small to medium-sized businesses, and prices start at $19 per month for the Basic plan.
- Apptivo: Apptivo is a cloud-based suite of business applications that includes CRM, invoicing, and accounting functionality, as well as project management, supply chain management, and HR management. It’s designed for small to medium-sized businesses, and their Standard plan starts at $8 per month.
- Pipedrive: Pipedrive is a cloud-based CRM software that includes accounting and invoicing features, as well as email integration, reporting, and analytics tools. It’s designed for small to medium-sized businesses and offers a range of features like sales forecasting and pipeline management. Prices start at $15 per user per month for their Essential plan, making it a cost-effective option for smaller businesses.
As you can see, plenty of good solutions are available, and the best choice depends entirely on the specific business needs and preferences. These are some of the more popular options.
Using combined CRM and accounting software is a great choice for a business that wants its processes streamlined and a more unified view of its customer data and financials.
However, it’s important for a business to carefully evaluate their needs and compare different options before choosing a software solution.